Monday 30 April 2007

Why Lie





(tune of the day is by DJ Spectrum. Its called "Dont Fuk". Got this one on vynl. Nice little relaxing numba. And I need it right now)

Didn't think I was gonna be able to play today but realised I still had $3.55 in Crypto. Must have left it coz it were'nt enough to play cash. Stuck it into a £1 Sng and won it for £5. I know I'm good at Sng's but am totally hooked on cash atm. Especially with it being the last day of the month for rakeback. Sat down with my fortune of $10 against 5 other people, and 3 of them were multi tabling. I've usually got an edge against these dudes at these stakes (15c/25c). Easy to knock the multi players off the pot, grinding at the blinds (its sad I know).

So this dude who I have notes on as "drunk to much" (single tabler, seems a bit like me), keeps rasing 5bbs just like I do when I'm hammered. I called him down with 10s and he put me allin on a K high board. Had to call and doubled up. He had A8 I think.

Lost it straight back to him on next hand when my 9s were no good on a 8 high flop and he rivered a J. Not sure if I started to tilt then. Was contemplating the meaning of tilt. Someone asked BlueScouse what he thought tilt meant and he had a very good answer. In my opinion its when you shout "Mother F*#ker!" at the screen and cant calm down afterwards.

I did calm down tho and felt the need for a big raise utg with QQ. I was trying to play it safe (or so I thought. Turned it into 75o) coz I was enjoying the game and dont like Qs much (40c would have done me fine). Got one caller. Flop 33A. 2 clubs (I have one). Bet $1, flat called. Turn K clubs. Check Check. River 5 clubs. Giving me the nut flush. I jam allin coz he has me wey covered and I hope he thinks I'm bluffing. He calls with A3o. Son of a C*#NT!!! Totally wiped me out. Spose he could have had AA tho and that would've been my bad.

Oh well. Get my rackybacky tomoz. It aint as much as I thought coz I didnt double it but its still enough to play. And I'm off for me four day weekend (love my job right now), have my rent paid, and got me weeks wages to burn!!! The stakes are goin up pritty soon!

Put It In Cider!!!!

5 comments:

Kenn said...

where you playing at the mo monk? and what rakeback % you getting - next month im looking at playing at a new site which will give me rakeback as at PP you dont get a damn thing!

DrunkenMonk said...

Alright m8! Yeah I cancelled my acc. with PP ages ago coz it dried up imo when the yanks left and they dont offer rakeback. The best value site I've found is raketherake.com. They offer pritty much every site that does rakeback, Will Hill, Mansion, Cake, Interpoker etc. I play on interpoker mainly. Similar deals to Will Hill coz its on the same network, Cryptologic. Its a good network coz its mainly British players.
If you want rakeback tho you must go through raketherake before you open an account otherwise it wont work and its loads of hassle deleting software.
I'm getting 32% on Inter atm but thats coz I'm a low stakes player. The rake goes up the more you burn. Up to 55% on Will Hill.
If you do sign up I would much appreciate it if you said I refered you. Just quote my acc. RTR11810 when you send them the sign up email. I checked out what bonus I would get and its 4% of your generated rake for life. Nice! Dont worry tho its on top of your rake. I signed up through a friend and my rakeback has been exaclty what it should be and wasn't affected, and he gets 4% for free. VN!
Dude if you sign up through me you'll have a new best friend for life!!!
Anyway nuff of the begging. I play on some other good sites too. BlueSquare used to be my fav but its on a new network now and I dont really like the software, but I still rince the multis. PokerStars is good too if you like 20 seaters coz they run constantly. Made some big bucks in the $20 jobbies. Unfortunately neither offer rakebake.
Mate I've raed through your blog and the amount you are playing with, whether or not you sign up through me, you absolutely have to get rakeback, its worth a fortune.
(Sorry the reply was a bit long winded)
GL M8!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

If you check Poker Site Scout then you'll Party has almost as many cash game players online as Stars! Also, you can get rakeback on Party but it is very hush hush. You might want to become a regular at 2+2 and see if anyone there will put you in contact with an affiliate who offers it.

Kenn said...

thanks monk if i do signup with Will Hill i will uhse your ref for sure, it wouldnt be happening in May though im trying to knuckle down and boost my bankroll for the WSOP at the moment i have $2500 to play with but ideally want another $2000 so i can buy into a $2000 event and then still have cash to play.

If any of you hear about Partypoker rakeback please let me know as you said from what i hear i could be coining it.

Hope your Crypto rakeback comes through soon monk and hope to catch you at the tables sometime mate

DrunkenMonk said...

Cheers Kenn! Same as dat Bruv. Good luck with the WSOP build up.

Thanks for the tip Pud!