Saturday 21 April 2007

Cold Turkey



Jesus its time for work again tonight. Been felling really rough today, so bad I couldn't sleep. I've been on the piss for 10 days solid now and its starting to take its toll. A kind of self inflicted personal hell. Not least with the poker. Worked out I'm £60 down for the week. Did have some bad beats but I think my main losses came from moronic drunken play. Not goin to London now coz I couldn't get time off work and the game is on Sunday. At least I can write off my losses against this.

Not sure when I'll be playing again, but I have to stop drinking if I want to stay alive. Lost a good friend to liver failure a couple years back. He was the same age as me and wasnt drinking a lot more than I am now. So I'm gonna do it the sick boy method. I know I'm gonna be clucking for a drink when I finish work so I've poored 2litres down the drain. This is gonna be hard but its something I've got to do. Just hope I can make it thrugh the first week.

No comments: