Wednesday 11 April 2007

Mo Monk Rags


((same tune of the day as yesterday coz that tune is totally sick. Played a whole tournament listening to that tune flat out on repeat. Plus a couple others. I'm not that crazy! Really do miss those tunes tho. Those guys do some of the fattest squat parties in London. Storming big warehouses and abandoned industrial estates. Was at one party, a few years back, in some old printing factory. Gabba was avin it proppa. Then the owner turned up with about ten of his big mates. The factory had not been long closed and there was still printing machinery scattered about, with prints still inside. lol. Anyway there must have been at least 800 of us in the building at the time so there was f' all the owner could do about it, but he went straight up to the DJ anyway. By now its about 10 am and a beautiful summers day (sun was shining through the roof). The owner said he wouldn't call the police if we shut down, f#*ked off, and didnt nick anything. Due to the amount of people there the pigs wouldn't have been able to do a thing apart from random drug searches on the way out (or a major raid, its always a gamble). Headfuk tho, being the gentlemen they are, shut down the rig and we all politely left the building after having had an asbolutely wicked party. Just for you London!))
.
Back to the poker. Got back from the bank and they still haven't sorted it out. Had £5 to live on so I naturaly spent it on 3litres of Cyder and a pouch of baccy (I'd already drunk 2litres, hence the last blog rant). BluSq were doing another $2k rebuy but it was only a $1 job this time so I gave it a shot. 668 entrants.
Decided on a new stategy for this one. Right from the off there were some crazy allin psychos and I made a point of making fun of the bad beats. Got a few people really wound up and told them thats what I love about $1 rebuys. I then jammed with some Monk rags and got called and beaten as planned. Now I'm waiting for a hand to get paid off. Quite soon I get AQ and jam. Several callers and I catch the ace which held against junk. I'm now set up for the tourney. 6K I think. Now I'm playing solid poker. One of the guys I was winding up said I got lucky and I told him I was just good at poker. He's on a 3k stack and the allins are starting to calm down. We end up hu on a flop for a nice pot. I have top pair str8 draw and check raise. He calls. Turn completes my str8 and I jam. He calls with top pair A kicker. River a Monk rag and I take his 3K.
.
Manage to steadily increase my stack playing tight until the addon period. I'm well stacked and gear it up a bit. The blinds start creaping up and everyone is folding. I min raise with 10 10 and BB calls. He's on a 20k stack and I have him well covered. Flop 5K7 rainbow. He bets half of his stack. This tells me he doesn't have 2 pair and probably has a weak kicker. I gamble on catching my 10 and call. Turn A. He checks, I make a very dangerous jam and he folds. Lovely. He would be so sick if I showed but I've got a really strong table image by now after having some really good cards showed down.
.
Now I've gone past the 4litre mark and I think the flat out gabba in my ears twisted my brain a little (I'm like Hellmuth on drugs). I'm 17th out of the remaing 44 on 60K and I made possibly the worst conscious play I have done in the whole ten months I've been playing.
Blinds 1200/2400 and the DrunkMonk assumes an attack vector on the button. sb short stacked but not ready to push yet. bb has me covered by 200 chips. I'm dealt rags and min raise hoping for a call from bb to push him off on flop or turn.
He calls and its a K high flop 2 diamonds. He bets the pot. I call hoping for another diamond (not that I've got any). Flop, a low diamond and he checks. (this is where I messed up. should have took it on the turn as normal). I got gready and decided on a check turn allin reraise move on river. I check. River another low diamond. He makes a small bet and I jam allin representing the Ace. He considers for a bit and calls to show KdJs. Ouch! That play was so bad that someone actually said "I cant belive he just did that!" Had 92o I think. Playing in the dark anyway.
So I've busted out in 44th place out of 668 and take home a wopping $4.40.
.
After that I went a bit made on the cash tables, convined I could quickly make a drunken profit but it was not to be. My acc. balance is now down to $67.90. This is all the money I have in the world right now but I'm not going to cash it out. I'm not going to put anymore in either coz even when I get paid I need all the money for the London trip. Had a nice curry round the ol' Dears earlier and she had kindly put a 3litre bottle of Frosty Jacks in the fridge for me. God Bless Er! Picking daffodiles really does payoff! It's 3:30am and I'm well up for some poker now.
.
Put It In Cyder!

No comments: