Sunday 8 April 2007

Happy Easter!


Ah tis a joyus day indeed for Christ has arizen, and the DrunkenMonk has sobered up a bit.
.
First I gotta bigupp the man like Animal for winning the 100k on Mansion to pocket a cool £12,000 cash. Wow. Nuff Respect!
.
Also, a big welcome back to Bluescouse (88% concentration). Was and still is an absolutely amazing blog. If you havent read it yet you obviously dont like poker.
.
Had a little success as well today. Played the 7:30am $3 freezout on BluSq as soon as I finished work. Bit skint so could only afford one pint of Cyder and also ran out of fags half way through but I think this helped me focus a bit more. Ended up finishing 2nd out of 152 runners to cash $91.20. A big win for me atm. The fuuny thing was that the whole way through I thought 1st place was only $32. (something was wrong with BluSq info board).
Must admit I did have a couple seriously lucky hands. Blinds 75/150 on 4k stack. late pos. with Ac2c two limpers. I min raised for some reason and they called. Flop 729 two clubs. 1st man goes allin for 2k, next man calls allin for roughly 2k. I'm feelin hungry and decide to go for my draw and call. 1st guys got AQo??? Next guys got 75o ????? And I catch a set on the turn. Yes Yes.
After that I start playing really aggressively (mainly coz I'm out of fags and the shop is open). Get 910s blinds 200/400 and reraise an 800 bet from mid to 1600. This guy was playing really tight and I know if he doesn't go allin he aint got pocket Aces or Kings and I can take him on a low flop. He calls. Flop a miraclulus A99. He bets 800, I make it 3200 (hoping he has AK) and he went allin! to show AKo. Turn and river are Monk rags and I take down a 10k pot. Then someone said I was playing joke poker so the next hand when I get 99 I'm naturally allin. 3 people called allin and I catch another set!!! Oh yeah! Trip 9s twice in a row!
.
After that I went fairly card dead but was in 2nd place so was able to throw my weight around enough to cruise into the final table. Spent my time guessing hands, while not in play and I've discovered I'm suprisingly good when I'm sober. This is when my mate Romper starts watchin.
My stack was up and down till final 3 and I'm sitting pritty buggered on a 16k stack vs 60k and 80k. Got some really good tips from Romper. My short handed tourney game is my worst I think, but with the help from my mate I was making some serious aggressive moves and I managed to get my stack up to around 40k.
Continuing the pressure I decide to move allin againt a reraise from chip leader preflop with A4s. Not sure what I was thinking there really. He shows AQ, misses the lot, and I catch myself a nice little 4. Oh Yeah. Poker at its best.
.
Lots of good play after that, went leader with over 3/4 of the chips knocking gutted Mr.AQ out then it went a bit tits up. Ditched most of my chips in random beats. Got some serious cussin from Romper when I folded after making a 10k bet into a massive pot. He went allin and by now had me covered. I had him beat with middle pair on the flop but I let him catch runner runner set on turn and river 333. Should have jammed straight away. Lesson learned. Still really happy with a good days wages for playing poker. Bloody good fun too.
.
Bigup yaselves and Put It In Cyder!!!

No comments: