Wednesday 14 March 2007

So Hard To Say Good Bye

Found a new lease of life today, and that being poker Stars. Was 1p short of the min buyin on cryto with my neteller acc. but Stars is much more flexible now, for poverty stricken wasters like myself. :)

Decided to start banging out the $4 180 seaters coz the 1st place is for over £100. Unfortunately I've never won one of these b4 so it will be a challenge. Get paid at midnight so will probably start bangin the $20 jobs then, where I have had some success and got sucked out on a lot less.
Think I've plugged a major whole in my game. To quote the lyrics: " Every time I say good bye I die a little". I have noticed that even when I know I am about to make a bad move, I do it anyway just to see if I am right. eg bluffing a calling station on the river with a small bluff when u think he only holds middle pair. This has been proven time and time again to be a bad move and now I am gonna stop doing it.
Conversely, I just made it to 20th in a $4 but lost most of my chips re-re-raising preflop with QQ. 2 callers, flop 7JJ. Blinds 100/200. I make it 800 on a 4k stack. Next man goes allin on a 1500 stack, next man calls with 10k stack. Now if the 10k stack weren't involved I woulda called str8 away coz this man was seen to be an A high bluffer. But I thought Mr.10k was strong enough to be playin AJ. So I fold. Turns out the allin was bluffing with A5o lol. And to kick me in the balls Mr.10k had QQ as well. Bit gutted on that1. If it was a cash game I probably would have made a wreckless call but I had been in this one for a while now. That really dicked me and I didnt cash out. But I still think it was the sort of fold I should make in that position for deciplined poker. Although psychologically speaking in view of the post hand results I was pot committed. Usually if I dont come back from a big loss within 4/5 hands I'm out.

Went str8 into another $4 and busted str8 out with my 222set against a JJJ set. 5th hand I think. Ouch.
I'm back in one now and I see why I stopped playing these stakes. Its full of get lucky suckout wankers!
Boo just got knocked out with KQ on a Q56 board. Raised to 800, got put allin by 69o with nearlt all his chips, who get a 7 on turn, and 8 on the river. Thankfully someone made the remark that it was a "discusting style of play".

No comments: