Thursday 8 March 2007

Bottom Rock


Blew that tenner on crypto playing cash. As always I was well up for a bit ($50) then rinced it with some dumb drunken moves. (when will I learn?) I know in the long run I'm much better playing tourneys but I think I've become obsessed with getting rakeback and cryto dont have any decent multis at 4am.


News Flash!


Just had some wicked advice from the man like Romper. I need to start planning my drunken day and working out exactly what tourneys I'm gonna do. Then do the same ones every day so I'll be up against the same players mostly. I know this does work coz I used to do it on the old BluSq site with the $8 multis. I knew the names of most of the players and how they played. Some of them feared me. Busted off the final table in one and went str8 into a $10 stt. One of those guys was there b4 it was full and he said " I'm not playin u again Shandy" and left! lol. I won that one as well. he he


Bottom line is, I havent made a weekly profit for quite a long time now. This is partly due to the 7.5% business. I need to get back on the Blackthorn coz I can drink that till the cows come home. Anyway decided to blow my weekly food budget of £10 on the new BluSq. Couldnt work out their tournament structure and went a bit cross-eyed (4am 4litre mark). So put it all into cash 10c/20c even tho these stakes only cause me brain trouble. Found a very tight table for a nice long game. Played for about 2 hours and was pritty much card dead for ages but had managed to double my stack (to $49) with a series of magnificent small bluff manouvers. By now tho I'm completely w*%kered and I think I am God. I'm in bb with rag rag and all fold down to late pos who makes a small raise. Folds down to me and I call. Flop Q84. I check. He bets $5. I call. Turn K. So naturally I'm allin. He just has me covered and shockingly calls to show QJ. River an unhelpfull rag and I'm out for the night.


Lesson to learn: Never Ever Do An Allin Bluff When U Got Jack Shit!!!


So its dry pasta on toast for the next week. I've applied for a partime day job. Just a few hours in the morning. Hopefully this will keep my drinking in check a little, which will definately improve my poker. Plus I'll have more money to blow.


Oh well. Skint and hugry. But if anyone says I've hit rock bottom. Dont worry I can go a lot lower than this!!!


Put it in Cider!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Drunken Monk, unfortunately I cannot play online anymore as I am living in the States, so I like to occasionally read your poker blogg.

You are gonna have to get off the cider and play a little sober. You will eventually come to the realisation that you are drinking far too much when play poker and that when you do win it is more by luck than judgement.

Take a step or two back, regroup, get a stack together and try playing sober as an experiment and see what happens.

I am playing in a home game tonight in Harlem $1 /$2 cash game. Will let you know how it goes.

DrunkenMonk said...

Thanks for the advice mate. I think you're right I do need to ease off the cider a little. My game is good up to the 3 litre mark but after that I always lose everything.
Sorry u cant play online anymore. That sucks!
Good luck in Harlem amigo. When you need to get home remember the cabs are black not yellow out there. And if u dont speak Spanish..."Homey U must be lost man!"