Monday 18 June 2007

Real Slack


(tune of the day: Gangtsa Boogie, only a cut sorry. Heard a wicked drumbase remix of "I bring in da future" will try find it for next time. Pic is the Tree of Slack)
Been really slack recently. Aint dropped a post for ages (dont know where I got that weird pic for the last one. Too much wanking makes you go blind I spose). Aint even switched on me computer for nearly a week. I would like to say this is because I have spent most of my time reading "Harrington on Hold'em" but the trooth is, I've just been getting totally wankered evry day. There's nothing new there, but I'm now in the position where I am forced to take poker a little more seriously (jokes). If I lose both my acc stacks I'm out for a while so I only start playing if I'm sober or semi pissed. And I've been totally pissed from dawn til dusk recently. Thanks for the comment on last post Cadmunkey. Yes I will keep up the drinking.

Really loving Dan Harrington's book "Harrington on Hold'em". Cheers Al!!! If anyone aint read it yet, go out and get it coz its genius. (comes in two volumes and is mainly dedicated to tournament play)
.
Went down my local on Friday to play in the ammateur poker league. Its basically a big freeroll, but the guys in my local take it really seriously. I was amazed how much fun a freeroll can be. This was my first big live game against people I dont know and it was wicked. I told everyone I was a rookie and didnt really know much about poker (ha ha). Cant remember how many times I heard the words "Beginner's Luck Mate!" lol. I totally destroyed these fishees even tho I had been drinking hard since 8am (7pm now). Shades and hoodie up I look like Phil Lac.
.
There were 4 tables with 8 or 9 on each. I was sat next to some cool older dude who I later found out was known to be a local master (used to specilaise in 3 card Brag). Drinks (Scrumpy) got served to the table, and you can smoke too (gona be so gutted next month :-( facist government cunts). Everyone in there seemed to know each other (I know its my local but I dont do much pubbin and this was out the back anyway) and there was a really good atmosphere. People politely told me it was my turn to bet while I was chatting up the lovely barmaid, and everyone pissed themselves when I knocked my pint all over the table while I was dealing. I really was wasted but they said they do it all the time.
.
Dont get me wrong, my drunkeness was a cunning deception. I was paying attention to every single thing these folks did. Apart from when the bar maid was serving me, and I lost a lot of chips coz of her. lol I was talking shit to everyone wen I had a shit hand to try and suss em out. Card dead for practically the whole tournament with only 3 good hole cards I can remember.
At the start I built my stack with some amazing bluffs, purely through talking shit to people. One hand I have J10 in late. All fold down to man on my right who raises 2xBB. I doubled it and he called. I said "oh shit I didnt think you were gonna call that" Flop Q22 rainbow. He bets half the pot. I said "Man that a week bet and I down think you're trying to trap me" He said "Wot?". I said "I mean I dont think you have the 2! How many chips you got?" I put him allin and he folded and showed A10, I laughed and mucked. lol I fucking love live games!!!
.
There was a girl at the table who refused to talk any shit with me and her stack was increasing big time. She was good. Played her on the final table later. B4 that I got moved. Nine of us and I took out two of em. One with AA the other with a straight wen he couldnt fold even when he had not pot odds to call his 2 pair.
.
The next guy I took out was fucking SiiiiiiK! He was a seriously big geezer and I thought he was gona knock me out when I took all his chips. He was playing real tiight on a mid stack but I had him cover 3 or 4 times over so wasnt afraid of a coin flip. He bets half his stack utg and the blinds are creaping up now. All fold to me in cutoff and the rest have nothing to scare me with. I'm sure he wouldnt play AA KK QQ like that and put him on AK AQ. I decide to see a flop with 67o hopeing to see a low flop and push him off (lol he was commited). Flop J86 rainbow. He makes a small continuation bet and I raise him allin. He calls and flips AQo as predicted. I show and say Yes Yes!" He like wot da fuck? You raise allin with bottom pair!?" Now the dealer has stopped to listen to us. lol. I said " Yeah but I knew you didnt have anything and I did so I put you allin. You called allin with a 6 outer. That makes you 4 to 1 dog in my book." lol. Jesus drunken live games could really get me into trouble. He looked like he was going to kill me, serious. He said "Hope I'll hit the fucking board man!" Turn comes a sweet 6. And he jumped up like he was gona doo me. I told him sorry for the bad beat mate and luckilly he said dont worry I do people all the time (not entirely sure wot he meant by that). Cant remember the river coz I was too busy planning an escape root.
.
Made the final table but was up against the quiet girl from b4. She was wey chip leader and bullied the table magnificently. She lost a couple massive hands tho to a girl on her left who knew was she was up to. I think she knocked her out in the end. I was reaching passout point and was a bit concerned about the amount of people standing behind me (they were only watching the game tho). Got blinded down quite badly and decided to steel the blinds with a push from my lucky hand 67o (silly boy). Geeza took ages to call but with AJ (I think) It held. Me and Everyone in the room cracked up wen they saw my cards. He only just had me covered but that was me done for the night. 4th place.
.
GG GG VfuckingGG
.
I will be back coz there is a lot of local pride at stake and most of em play home games. Got a couple numbers. Bring on the cash!
.
Put It In Cyder!!!

8 comments:

Kenn said...

nice stuff mate!!

that live stuff is pretty awesome if you ask me

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Nice result sir! I miss playing live, really need to make more of an effort!

Did you get the barmaid's number?

Riiinse that beetch!

Amatay said...

up date ur blog biatch

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Yeah you wet fanny, updatios please!

Kenn said...

where u at mate????

Anonymous said...

Paul stop wanking over those web cams you told me about. They do sound good tho. AL

Anonymous said...

Free poker site offer No Deposit red Bonus. Full free to request. Bankrolls without making a deposito.
Be free for ever with bonus as starting capital are interested.
These No need Deposit profits are disabled. Poker give away.
Considered The Poker Capital of the World for its vast array free money cd poker for only cdpoker and omaha cdplayers.
Here are three a great offers to poker deal.

Free Poker Capital said...

Sit & go poker tournament, Texas hold'em ... take free Poker sponsorship and play with other poker people - all available $50 bonuses.

Plymouth Roadrunner - Good Day